- Scale A
- Point 6
- £9.00 ph
- 9 hours a week Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (15.00 -18.00)
- Term time plus 4 weeks
We are looking for a cleaner to work at Mundesley Infant and Junior School for 9 hours a week on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. This is a term time plus 36 hour contract, the additional 36 hours are to be worked in the school holiday period.
As the post is undertaking ‘Regulated Activity’ applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS disclosure form and bring evidence of identity and Right to Work in the UK. The Coastal Federation takes the Safeguarding of children and its employees extremely seriously and robust system checks are part of the recruitment process.
If you would like more information then please contact Jenny Wood
Applications considered upon receipt
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
SUMMARY OF MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Title: Cleaner
Job Purpose: To provide efficient and effective cleaning support to The Coastal Federation, including ensuring that the security and general appearance of the building and surroundings are maintained in accordance with the required standards.
Main Duties / Responsibilities: Cleaners are required to undertake the following duties as directed by the Site Manager using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specification and safe working procedures.
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops
- Using electronically powered scrubbing / polishing / vacuuming machines to scrub, polish, spray and clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training)
- Dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, window sills and external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fittings
- Replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required
- Cleaning toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks
- Using chemical agents as directed by the Site Manager in the discharge of cleaning operation or maintenance procedures (after receiving proper instruction and training)
- Undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes
- Keep a check on cleaning stock levels and inform the Site Manager of low stock levels (eg. cleaning products)
- Carry out routine administrative tasks required from time to time eg. checking off cleaning tasks on daily cleaning specification sheets
- Operate relevant equipment safely
- Maintain tidy and organised work spaces and storage areas
- Check equipment / machinery used and ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- Provide support to staff as requested and in accordance with own training / skill parameters.